Do you want more visitors to your website? Want to convert those visitors to leads? Want a bigger community of followers? Then you’re solution is a Web log – BLOG!
Blogs have been around since 1994 and with the introduction of Content Management Systems anyone with a computer and access to the internet can start a blog.
But why Blog?
- Increases traffic to your website.
- Helps convert traffic to leads.
- Helps to establish authority and influence.
- Drives long term results.
- Your blog is completely yours and not at the mercy of third parties.
- It’s easy, customisable and flexible.
- It’s a long term investment.
- More engagement.
- It increases SEO.
- Ideal hub for all your content with links.
- Easy to execute and fully expandable.
Where should you Blog?
How do you Blog?
- Define your audience.
- Define content categories.
- Put together a team.
- What content will you use?
- Make a calendar. Set dates.
- Create or Curate content. Not sure what how to curate content? Then check out our post – ‘A Curation Movement’.
- Decided where the blog will be disseminated.
- Measure results and make necessary adjustments.
Sounds easy huh? Well nothing comes easy in life. There’s a science to everything. And there’s definitely a wrong and right way to do blogging for your business. Here are some wrong ways to blog for your business.
- … have your blog separate from your website.
- … create content centered only around you.
- … publish inconsistently.
- … publish off-topic content.
- … create the same content over and over.
- … create a one way platform. Encourage engagement.
- … neglect search engine optimisation.
- … forget importance of design.
- … burn out because you’re trying so hard to create original content.
- … forget to use call-to-action buttons.
- … forget to share on social media.
- … ignore analytics.
- … rush things. Good things come to those who wait.
So suit up. Heads high and start rolling out. You’ve got all you need to start you blog. So then … start!